Application Procedure and Fees
A local Education Consultant to help you get your visa may be useful, but is not necessary. A list of Consultants and Agents is available at any New Zealand Education Service Centre, Embassy or High Commission. The consultants will handle all the paperwork for you and offer guidance and assistance.
You can obtain a visa without using an agent by writing directly to us.
- Apply to Ashburton College using the application form. Be sure that you complete all sections. Click the link to download the application form: Ashburton College International Enrolment Card
- We will reply, reserving a place for you and will also send an invoice to you.
- Once you have paid the College fee we will send you a receipt and an “Offer of Place”.
- Download a student visa application form.
- Fill out the form and submit it to the nearest New Zealand Embassy or High Commission, making sure you supply all the correct documents.
- The Visa Office will issue you with a Student Visa. As you pass through Immigration on your arrival in New Zealand this will be converted to a Student Permit, which will last for up to one year from the date of your arrival.
- We also require students to have their own medical and travel insurance. A Unicare Policy should be enclosed with your enrolment package and we recommend this insurer.
College Fees 2017
The standard fees in 2017 for Ashburton College are as follows:
Tuition (Fees are inclusive of GST)
|Enrolment Fee – Once only||$250 NZD|
|Full Year (Four School Terms)||$12 000 NZD|
|Three Terms||$9 000 NZD|
|Two Terms||$6 100 NZD|
|One Term||$3 200 NZD|
|Per week fee (short stays under 10 weeks)||$350 NZD|
- Placement Fee – Once only $250
- NZ$225 per week until the 22 July 2017
- NZ$235 per week form the 23 July 2017 (Start of Term 3)
The full tuition fee must be received in advance as the receipt for the tuition fee forms part of your New Zealand Visa application. Homestay fees must also be paid in advance.
Your paid-up fees are held in a trust account and are only released to the College as costs are incurred. This protects both parties should something untoward occur and a refund be necessary.
What does your tuition fees pay for?
This fee includes:
- All registration fees
- Use of Textbooks
- ESOL Tuition
- Pick-up and drop of at Christchurch International Airport
- Assistance throughout your stay from the College’s on-site Homestay Co-ordinator
- Compulsory Field Trip expenses; Geography, Biology and History Field Trips.
This fee do not includes:
Click the link to download key dates for the start of 2017