A number of students choose to cycle to College.
Bike Parking / Security
- Cyclists are asked to use the Middle Road entrance. This ensures they avoid bus traffic (Creek Road) and vehicle traffic at our main entrance (Walnut Avenue).
- Bike stands are provided at the Middle Road entrance.
- A number of stands are in a fenced area that is secured during the school day. Other stands are open.
- Cyclists are encouraged to have their own bike lock and to lock their bikes in either set of stands.
Naturally all cyclists are subject to traffic laws, including the wearing of cycle helmets.
School buses arrive at and leave from our Creek Road entrance. To register with the Mid Canterbury School Transport Service (MCSTS):
- Families/students must first be registered with the MCSTS to be eligible to use this transport service.
- The preferred form of registration is through the MCSTS Website (www.mcsts.co.nz).
- Otherwise: please phone the MCSTS Office – 307 2420.
- Obtain a registration form from the College Office.
Details of when buses start to operate each year are advertised in the local media, mid to late January.
Standards of behaviour on buses are the same as is expected of students while they are in College during the school day.